IT Company in Johannesburg providing Managed IT Services
Pison, IT Company In Johannesburg : Busting IT Support Myths
1. My business is small; why do I need a reliable IT Support solution?
The pressures that faces small business vary and can become insurmountable.
Marketing, price points, cash flow and the list goes on. In many cases it is the owners/partners that bear this burden.
Why I ask would you still add to that a function that is so critical to the productivity and growth of your business?
Yes, perhaps some businesses with less than 3 staff members can get away with a reactive IT Support solution. This usually ranges from calling a friend, to paying “locksmith” type rates for a call out where the guy takes two minutes and a couple of clicks. This leaves you feeling like a complete fool for having to call him back in another two days when your problem has reoccurred!
These are some of the risks you face when you try and manage your IT re-actively:
- Reduction in hardware and software life span. Similarly, to your car if your IT equipment is not well maintained and monitored you will not realise a return on that investment.
- Extended down time: Again; if you are a “one-man band” perhaps you may be able to get away with a couple of hours/days down time. Once you start paying salaries inconsistent performance of your IT hardware and software will not only cause frustration and decrease moral. The most painful implication will be a material economic loss to your business.
Security Threats: Some headlines…
“About 43 percent of attacks last year alone targeted small businesses. A steep increase from just 18 percent back in 2011. According to security software firm Symantec.”
“Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report suggested that 71 percent of attacks target companies with 100 or fewer employees.”
This is not a scare tactic. The reality is hackers are after information so it makes sense to target business with less or no security protecting their information. IT Security however goes much further than this. You need to guard against viruses, malware and ransomware which can slow your devices or cause a complete crash, employee system abuse, unauthorised system access by ex-employees and reputational risk. You need to choose an expert backup solutions provider in Johannesburg to safeguard your companies data from ransomware that keeps offsite backup of your companies critical data.
2. It would cost me less to employ a support technician
Hiring employees requires more work from you as the employer than simply placing a job ad.
When you outsource you eliminate the costs associated with hiring an employee such as management oversight, training, medical aid, taxes and retirement plans.
Your return on investment is so much greater when you outsource. Outsource your IT Services to a IT support company in Johannesburg that specialises in the areas you need. Instead of just the knowledge of one person, you benefit from the collective experience of a team of IT professionals that specializes in Backup Services, Disaster Recovery, Internet Services, Cloud Backups and Support Services
3. I will lose all control of possibly the most critical area of my business!
Offloading your IT support responsibilities lets you focus more on your business. When you’re handling all of your IT support internally. Your focus is often divided by a bunch of different technical priorities to keep your systems up and running. Outsourcing IT lets you focus on what matters: growing and supporting your business - not troubleshooting software, hardware and user issues.
How do you choose the right partner for IT support services in Johannesburg for your business?
- Look for a service provider that values relationship as much as they do profit. What does that mean? Some service providers will send you a different technician every time you have a problem. This will of course not foster a strong relationship. It will cause inconsistency in the management and maintenance of your systems.
- Insist on a transparent pricing structure that is scalable and allows you to anticipate your future costs in line with your business growth strategy i.e. cost per workstation, server, mobile device etc.
- “Buy what appreciates, rent what depreciates” – John Paul Getty
Source a supplier that can offer rental solutions. This allows immediate access to great technology while conserving valuable working capital and improving the liquidity of your company. Continuously changing technology within the IT industry renders equipment obsolete very quickly. Rental removes the risk of a long-term commitment to obsolete technologies